The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
ziplock

64 Build "The Titanic"

Hello all. New to the forum. My name is Marshall, this is my first build so I thought I would share with you all what ive been working on for the past year. Going a little different rout then the most. Let me know what you guys think.

Picked the truck up from a guy in the dallas area. He decided he was goin to try and restore it, but didnt get very far.

Time to start tearing her down.

Had the frame powdercoated

5 lug swap to run disk brakes, 2.5 drops spindles and a set of 2 in drop springs.

Got a set of 3in drop trail arms from Nate at Portorbuilt, along with a Bolt in notch. Frame is sitting on 5in drop springs.

I decided i didnt want to drill 20 some odd holes through my frame so i welded it up instead.

As for the motor. Kept the stock sixer.

And now here are some pictures of my cab and bed. I wanted to truck to look as though it had been sitting in the Texas sun for over a hundred years. I blasted the entire truck and let it rust. A bit crazy I know but its what I wanted and it turned out great!

I love the tailgate

This is a current picture here

I shot the firewall with an epoxy primer. the inners as well. Going for a clean engine bay.
ziplock is offline   Reply With Quote