The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #10
xpickup

Re: 1948 Chevy / S10

Well, today was a 10 hour day. I got a lot done. Started out fixing the drivers door. Once I shaved the drip rails off I noticed that the top of the door sat in farther than the passengers door. I noticed it on my panel truck too and I checked my 54 cab that I have and it was like that too. So I slit the back side and pulled it out where I wanted it and put a screw driver it the slit to keep it there so I could tack it. Then welded it up and now it fits right. Then I had to finish the gaps on the doors, and now they are done. Then I welded the fire wall in, I only had it tacked in before. Then finished the underside of the passenger headlight brow and they are now finished. Next was the hood. The center is all done and smoothed out and I cut out the front emblem holes and made panel for them. I drilled out the clutch head bolts under the hood to fix the corner of the hood. I figured I would never get them out. After I drilled them out I welded nuts to the underside of the panel so it bolts up like it did. I still have to fix the front edge because it is dented up. I found some filler in the hood so I will hammer and dolly it so it will not need to much. Here are some pictures.

Shannon
Attached Images

xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote