The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #11
Crash_OK

Re: Crash's 72 K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefyJoeDirt View Post
I am having a pain fitting my cab corners. They dont line up well and the curve of the corner is to large. I have been trying to flex it and work it into the right shape but with no luck. I am beyond frusterated. It seems most of the panels that I have got from lmc truck are not fitting very well. The innner rockers and front pillar needed quite a bit of influence with body tools to make them fit. Where did you get your cab corners from?

I and anyone that has every attempted to repair the rust on these old trucks feels your pain. It is not just LMC panels; I think they are all of them are made in one place. I had cab corners that came with my truck. They did not fit right. A good friend of mine had some Tabco corners from the mid 90’s I think. He loaned them to me and although they fit better than the ones I had they still were not right. I fitted them the best I could and then welded them in slowly adjusting them as I went. They both look good in my opinion. You could try Tabco and see if they are better.. Let me know how it goes… good luck

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Crash's Roof over Lake Home

Crash's 1988 Land Cruiser Build
Crash_OK is offline   Reply With Quote