The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #11
2ndCIB

Re: Craziest thing you've done to "just get home"

I was driving my family out to dinner in an 85 chevy with an elderbrock carb when the fuel pump went out. Family instantly mad. My wife and daughter took off walking to the nearest store, about a mile and a half away, to call a friend of mine to pick us up. I got he bright idea to take the wiper fluid jug off, pour out the windshield wiper fluid, disconect the fuel line at the pump and let gravity fill the washer jug then bolt it back up. I disconnected the washer hose at the windshield and shoved the end in the carb bowl inlet, electrical taped it in and hit the windshield squirter. The truck fired up right away. I could get about a half mile per squirt. Picture this; engine bogs, squirt squirt, wipe wipe, RPM comes back up: Repeat all the way home. I caught up to my wife at the store's driveway with the A/C on high. Wife still mad.
2ndCIB is offline   Reply With Quote