The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
tjpresley1978

"New" 1967 C-10 & Need Some Help!!

I just bought my 1st project this weekend and I am excited to get started. The truck runs and I can drive it down the street and back. It sounds good and looks like it's been hot-rodded alot. I was told it was a 350, but I'm wondering if it might be a 327 and I'm not sure what type of transmission is in it (it's an automatic).

I've noticed the power steering gear box is leaking pretty bad. It looks like it's a different steering column and from the pictures I've seen online, it looks like it's a later model steering column (68-72). I'll post some pictures of it and hopefully one of you can help me identify what gear box is actually on there and some instructions on how to replace it.

Transmission pan gasket is leaking good too. Anyway to replace this without having to pull the transmission out? I've heard stories of people dropping the pan and ball bearings (??) go rolling out. Haven't worked on transmissions before and I don't want to screw it up worse than when I started.

Also I've noticed when it's running for a few minutes, the upper hose on the radiator that is connected to the heater core starts leaking. The heater and blower motor are currently out of the truck. Is this a bad hose or is something not flowing correctly?

It's going to take some time and $$, but it should be alot of fun.

Truck 8 by tjpresley1978, on Flickr

Truck 4 by tjpresley1978, on Flickr

Truck 6 by tjpresley1978, on Flickr
tjpresley1978 is offline   Reply With Quote