The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
Matt Cramer

Installing 3 point seat belts in a 1972 C10

So, I have a '72 C10 with lap belts, and want to put 3 point seat belts in there. I'm going to try using a cheap retractable set since I have non-retractable ones in a Dodge Dart and it would be a nuisance to adjust this each time we change drivers. My wife has to drive this one too.

I ordered a set of these from Summit last night:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HFM-SB3PRTN/

And they got here this afternoon. The fact that I'm about 15 miles from their warehouse helps. But still, good job on their part.

Anyway, I'll be putting them in sometime this week. Any particular tips about this? It looks like it will be pretty easy. There's some sort of point on the roof pillar that looks like it would work and I'll use it unless somebody has a warning that it's not sturdy enough to sue. There's a cap in the fitting that I'm not sure if there are any tricks to removing it, such as slotting it with a Dremel or if it just pops out if you pry on it. If anyone has any tips, gotchas, or anything else to say on this, please let me know!

I'll be posting pictures of the install once I get to work on it.
Matt Cramer is offline   Reply With Quote