The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
toocrazy

Mark's 66 Burb Build

A few years ago I had the good fortune of picking up a 66 suburban I had my eye on for quite some time. The truck was a nice survivor with one attractive asset........a fuel injected small block twin turbo motor. I planned to remove the motor and put it in my 64 Malibu and sell the truck. The motor never came out and I ended up installing air ride, tubular control arms, and a drop trailing arm. This was followed by putting 22's on the front and 24's on the rear. The truck was apart more than it was together and I had probably put less than a few hundred miles on the truck. Since reviving a C10 project I had decided I would sell a few trucks.......I had my eye on another vehicle and I wanted to make the wife a little more accepting to this new purchase by getting rid of a few things. One truck was sold and I felt a few things were in order for the suburban. I wanted to remove the twin turbo, detail the engine compartment, install a nice small block motor and sell it. Long story longer about 10 days ago I got a wild hair in my butt and decided to paint it........inside and out. Next thing you know we are taking it apart. So, here we go getting started with a few pictures.

toocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote