The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
rusty lover

...all I wanted was a cool Rat Rod shop truck.

I guess like most of the truck lovers on this site, my name is Rusty Lover and I have an addiction. Lol. My name is not really Rusty Lover....but I do have a real addiction. Since I was a little Kid, I have always wanted to be a mechanic and work on vintage iron. Becareful what you wish for cause one day it will come true. This is my build of what was a $200.oo 68 C10 that I picked up from a customer about 10 years ago. It cracked a head while being abused as a work truck. I just so happened to see potential through all the rot and it also helped I had a set of fresh heads at home for another project. For $600.oo I drove this truck into the ground for years after. I moved to 4 houses with it and a couple of shops. Moved and towed more things than I can imagine and bent the frame doing so more than once. I even traded this truck for an all original 52 3/4 that I Rat Rodded and then sold. A year and a half later my Buddy gave me back the 68 cause he had no where to keep it and it was just getting rougher. Of course this was after he too abused what was left of it. When I got the truck back, I lowered it with a Brothers 4.5/5.5 deluxe kit with 6 stud disc brake conversion and sway bar package. For the outside... I think I wash it, but I don't really remember. I called it 'The farm truck gone wrong' and drove this truck again for years without hesitation towing and hauling and abusing in all seasons of the year. Anyway. The truck finally started to look like crap but I loved it enough that I decided to use all the left over decent panels from all my other projects that have come and gone to make a shop truck. I live in Canada so there are times of the year when trying to get out of your house is a not so easy task. I have a single car garage that is just a shell with a door for a vehicle and a door for a people. I live in a town house that has a decent size yard but is not meant to fill with vehicles and parts. Enough about bla bla bla. Heres the pictures of 10 + months of build a Rat Rod shop truck.
Attached Images

Last edited by rusty lover; 05-10-2012 at 01:07 AM.
rusty lover is offline   Reply With Quote