The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #10
sgaylord
Project collector

Re: Project "Jezebel"

Quote:
67cheby
wow,nice job
Thanks Cheby

Quote:
sourkraut
How was your after market door? I used 2 and had to remove, cut and reconfigure the hoops on both. Also will have to weld up the edges to get desirable gaps. Looming good
To be honest the repop doors were just as everyone explained them to be. Horrible! I initially bought 2 but the passenger door was so far off that I cut it up and used it to patch my original door. Both were Key Parts doors too.

Sounds like you have the same experience as I did. All 4 sides needed grinding to get a consistent gap.

Quote:
mcbassin
Awesome work on the gaps Steve. I'm about to get into the same thing with my build. I found out my doors aren't as nice as I thought the other day when I took them apart. I went back and reviewed what you did on your's HERE. Where did you get your lower door patches? How did they fit? Suggestions from your experience? thanks.
Hey Mike, I ended up hacking a repop door to get my inner shell and outer skin. Not the best option considering the door cost over 200.00 and the panels would have been much less, but it's what I had.

I would "assume" the patches would be as good as what the repop door was so with your skills i'm sure you can make quick work of it.

Steve

2020 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax
2016 Harley Street Glide CVO

Roll Tide!
sgaylord is offline   Reply With Quote