The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #11
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

This morning we removed the racing belt eye bolts, throttle linkage/gas pedal and upholstered kick panels. After lunch everything was vacuumed up and ready for the new floor covering:

ACC generously provided a front floor piece of jute padding. Unfortunately it was punched for the small hump floor, even though they sold me a high hump mat. Gotta love quality in America. I sliced out the middle and used the two side pieces. The chunk in the middle in the photo is just a scrap I couldn’t reach without bumping the tripod:

Here are the first photos of the mat in the cab.

ACC advertises it is cut oversize for custom trimming, and they aren’t kidding. The back and sides probably have an extra 4” included and the nose has 6-8” extra beyond the standard mat shape. No complaints about that. I was hoping to retain some of this excess material and shove the mat well up on the firewall providing a nice finished edge that was so far up it couldn’t be seen from the seats. But there’s just too much material in the way. The drop in the floor just ahead of the seats needs to move forward another 4 inches and can’t. Some of the material at the top of the firewall will have to be trimmed before the mat will fit. I’ll probably remove it from the truck and use the original mat as a template for some rough trimming. I also learned that coming out of a 78 degree room wasn’t enough to make this stuff workable. So right now I’ve got a space heater set in the cab to bring the temperature up to at least 80-85 degrees to see how much that helps.

More to follow.