The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #15
72LSK10

Re: 72 K10 Frame Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaymon View Post
i deal with this allot too. ive heard the word "bedroom community" too. in this community, that means i have a noise ordinance to deal with as well. I just got out of court with a couple of outstanding community busy-bodies because of the harassment. it was ruled in my favor.

We have a collector clause in the city ordinance that says i can have antique vehicles as long as they are registered or im showing progress on them. we also have a clause that says if it cant be seen by the city or other people (via privacy fence or garage) im not in violation.
we also have a peeping tom ordinance that cost my outstanding neighbors a hefty fine.

i feel for you man, but your right payback is nice.
It really sucks that these people don't appreciate what we're trying to do here. Maybe the fact that most of my neighbors are ford lovers doesn't help my cause
I thought I would be able to find out who it was when I was accused of having a chop shop. Nope, didn't help. I have an idea, once the inspector gives me the final inspection on the 9th. The yard should be completely clean. He did mention that he couldn't stop me from working on the vehicles, since they are registered and insured. So, once all is cleaned up, I'm thinking of continuing what I'm doing, on a smaller scale, so when the city comes back to climb on my roofs with the cops again. Or if they want come and peek over my 7 foot gate, all they will see is a clean orderly yard. That should really drive the sissy pants crazy cause the city will have nothing on me. The cops might come over as they do now and stop me for the day but they themselves have told me to continue after their shift is over. This way if their called again, it all starts from scratch and I don't get fined.
Sorry to hear about your court issues with these kind of matters, all we're trying to do here is put some beautiful trucks back on the road. And it seems as everyone enjoys them, cause when I would drive mine, I always got a thumbs up. I've even had cops and CHP's pull me over to check her out before.. Good luck with your venture.
72LSK10 is offline   Reply With Quote