The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
chevy72blu

Tried to use CPP despite the bad press. I should have listened.

I read a lot about the bad treatment members have received from CPP, but I liked their stuff and wanted to see for myself. I emailed Jeff before placing an order so that I could place an order directly through him - respecting that he has been reaching out to the forum. He was nice enough but sent me to someone else.

I placed my order online on Tuesday, putting in my billing and shipping info. It said that it needed to ship to the address of the credit card on file, but I requested that the order be shipped to my office. I work 10+ hours a day and I dont like expensive packages sitting on my porch that long. That evening I got a phone call saying that due to credit card fraud and disputes, I had to have it shipped to my home for the first order. This is the first I have ever heard of such a policy (and I buy a lot online + run my companies online storefront). I said that I would be happy to give them bills, copy of ID, proof of address of my office/home, etc and they said nothing could be done. Frustrated with their stupid policy, I cancelled my order (other people make the same parts for cheaper, just not as trick looking).

Today I check my statement and noticed that $1.00 was debited from my account. When I called, they couldnt find my info anywhere in their system, including the charge. I was told that the $1.00 was used to "verify my identity", even though I did not authorize them to do that nor was I told it was going to happen (TBH, I may have missed it in the 10 pages of legalese on their website). Even if it was there, what is the point of this and why does no one else (besides Paypal to confirm accounts) do this?

The worst part? I was charged 6/28. My order was cancelled the day I placed it, 6/25. I was shuffled around between 2-3 people on the phone and after being on hold for 20 minutes, I guess I will just call and dispute the charge with my CC company. I know, its only a buck, but it pisses me off nonetheless.

It really is too bad because they have some great looking products. Its pretty easy to make me a loyal customer, but I'll have go ahead and reflect the sentiment of CPP on the board: Stay away.
chevy72blu is offline   Reply With Quote