The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
bnoon

My new to me '86 C10

Just picked this up on Sunday for $800. It was this, or a '74 Ranchero with only 68,000 on the clock. Anyway, she's a 1986 with 98,000 miles 305 AT PS PB PL PW slider rear window. Not too bad of rust for upper midwest (Iowa) since it was mostly a farm truck and stayed on dirt roads away from the salty winter mix. Unfortunately it was kept in an out building machine shed and mice had their way with the AC system, but luckily left the entire wiring harness alone from what I've been able to tell. Had mice nests on the intake manifold and blowing out of the ducts... Guy I got it from said "I don't know how you're going to get that mouse smell out of there" and I said "Well, I think I'll start by vacuuming out all of the mice poop!" LOL! Ducts are pulled apart and mostly vacuumed out as well as the interior, now to disinfect!

Engine plans are to add all of my go fast fun parts that have stacked up in the garage over the years for SBC's. I've got 461 casting 305 HO heads from TPI or 350 Vortec castings cut down for 58cc chambers, either Edlebrock Torker II intake or medium rise Vortec Summit intake (made by Professional Products I think it was), 3/4 length headers from a 3rd gen F-body and probably a Summit Racing cam/springs upgrade.

For the body I'll do some rust repair and a very basic respray. Adding some numbers and sponsor stickers for a Nascar theme and run 275/60/15's on repainted stock rallies. Thinking a two tone white/maroon or white/red.

Suspension will eventually be an air ride, but for now to get the look I'll chop the front coils and remove a few leafs out of the rear until the time comes for the air.

All of that has to wait though as I've got a few runs to the dump and home improvement stores before I have time for fun things. Stupid house projects. I know I'll eventually do all of this though because I've wanted one of these since I was in high school over 20 years ago. She's found her final home with me.
Attached Images

bnoon is offline   Reply With Quote