The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
_NATHAN_

Slowly but surely

I am currently in Afghanistan but will be home next month. As I am getting closer to the end I am thinking of all the things I want to do when I get back home, one of which it build my next ride. I am into just about anything that is custom but my loyalty always goes back to Chevy. So one night as I am scrolling through the local craigslist I see the listing for 1987 Crew Cab 3/4 ton truck that was priced unbelievably low. So the emails started and I am ready to buy it without even seeing it or hearing it in person. It is still being used daily and has been serviced regularly at a local GM dealership. It has been used by a glass shop since 1990 and they are only the second owner with very detailed paper work on the truck. Now the real hard part begins, I called my wife.

I am blessed with an amazing wife that is very understanding and likes to make me happy but this is not her kind of thing. Being on the other side of the world makes it a little harder to buy certain things especially when the one person that can do it for you knows little to nothing about what they are buying, but the price was right. With little to no persuasion she agrees to go look at it, drive it, take lots of extra pictures, and make an offer. Keep in mind my wife has never purchased a signal vehicle in her life and will pay full price for anything she sees and wants at a yard sale. And after nearly 13 years of marriage I know her very well and know this is not something I should even ask her to do, but I did anyway.

$680 later this is what she comes home with, I am so proud of her.

The list of mods I have planned are longer than my arm currently but I plan to do as detailed of a build as possible. Not much will happen for a little over a month. I have been reading a lot of the other build threads on here and I am very motivated to get going on this thing.

Over all mods in this order (kinda)

dropped to be level maybe 6" to 8" or so
prob bag the front and axel flip on rear
Convert to 5 lug for better wheel choice
20" or 22" wheels
shaved everything
rear suicide doors
paint flat black
total interior
possibly make it a shorty
c - notch and bag the rear
Z the front
then the engine bay, I am still undecided how radical
Attached Images

Last edited by _NATHAN_; 08-27-2012 at 11:20 AM.
_NATHAN_ is offline   Reply With Quote