The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
semperfidoordie
Fix It Till It's Broke

77 K10 Build: The Tank

A little backstory on the truck and what I know about it. Bought the truck on Saturday for $2600 which seemed high according to some but apparently I lucked out. The PO told me that the truck had a new motor put in a year ago. Well after doing my research it seems to be a crate Edelbrock or GMPP 350 with aluminum heads, edelbrock intake, edelbrock 1400 series carb (electric choke but smoggable) unsure on the model, new distributor, new alternator, new battery and stock manifolds. The motor was replaced at 24622 and the truck now has 27360 on it so less than 3k miles. Truck has non-working AC but the compressor clutch engages and it blows warm air so I think all it needs is a recharge and is already R-134. Someone had put a couple of 6x9 Blaupunkt speakers and a Kicker sub hooked to a Pioneer CD player. Drivetrain/running gear is a SM465 4-speed, NP205, Warn selectable hubs, 15" rally wheels, worn out 33x12.50r15 Remington Mud Brutes and a 6" Pro Comp lift, only thing I couldn't find out and wasn't on the glovebox tag is gear ratio and since the tach doesn't work no way to guess at the moment.

The list of what needs fixed/I want to upgrade:

Interior:
New dash trim
Get speedometer to stop bouncing
Get tach working
Solve the fuel gauge not working/working and giving inaccurate readings
New carpet
New door panels
Seat cover or reupholster
Cargo light cover
Cool shift knob (lol)

Exterior:
Get it plasti-dipped or painted (open to color suggestions)
New tires (won't see the freeway just a run around/muddin and fun truck so probably something meaty like TSL radials or Irok radials)
Get hood aligned
HID or similiar headlights
LED or bright tailights/running lights
New shocks

Motor:
Xtreme 4x4 cam or similar low end torque cam with a little lope to the idle
Delete all the smog crap
Headers
Exhaust (don't know what size) that comes out in front of the rear tires at 45* angles
Edelbrock air cleaner

Any advice or help is appreciated. I haven't had an older truck or gas vehicle in a few years so I'm rusty to say the least. Ultimate outcome is a badass daily driver that will see a good amount of desert playing and then mud truck fun when I get back to Alaska or up into the mountains out here.
Attached Images

Blue Dragon: 72 K-10 SOLD!
The Tank 77 K-10 KIA

panhandler62: Just don't search for "trannys" no matter how hard yours shifts -- you just won't get what you are looking for.

I Made The Official So Cal Board Meet
semperfidoordie is offline   Reply With Quote