The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #20
c10seth

Re: Look what I found - Worth Buying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danheit View Post
OK guys, there is SO much more to the story, but I really didn't have the energy to type it all out at 1230 this morning, knowing I had work at 6. So, here goes:

To set the scene, do you remember the movie The Goonies? Yeah, I bought the truck from Sloth, and her uncle dad and sister mom. These were some of the freakiest people I have ever seen in my life, and very obviously, that family tree went straight up and down with no branches whatsoever. So I pull up to their house, which is a 1960's single wide right in the heart of the ghetto. These were obviously poor country folk, so no problems there, and God bless them for doing what they do to survive. However, for the many hours I was there, there was a gangsta block party happening on the opposite diagonal corner of the street that they live on. There were lots of old crown vics and caprices all donked out on 26+" wheels, the lambo doors open, and everybody had the stereo's going as loud as they would, all playing different songs at the same time. Very annoying. I have my truck and trailer backed into their "driveway", and the front of the truck just inside their yard at the street. About 2 hours into loading the truck, a car of BM's stops in front of this house, 3 guys get out, walk into the yard and surround my F250, and start looking in it through the open windows, and into the bed, all the while I am 10 feet behind it winching a truck on the trailer. I stand up, yell, Can I help you?! Guy looking in the bed looks at me, gives me the "what's up" head nod, and they all three get back in the car and drive off. I am pretty sure I would have been car jacked had it not been such a PITA to unhook the trailer and the 57 half way on it! Now, to set the stage for the rest of the story, as I stated in a previous post, it took several hours to get the truck out of it's 7 year old ruts with flat tires and a locked up drivetrain up hill onto a trailer with a come-a-long. This entire time, Sloth and the family stood shoulder to shoulder, arms folded, expressionless, staring at me from about 6 feet away. They did not move for 4 hours, except for when Sloth would come over to me every 30 minutes and ask if I wanted to see her pet snake, and then finally came over with a giant rat in her hands, petting it, telling me how she was fattening it up to feed the snake. I tried to be nice and speak to sister mom, said "hi, how are you", she just looked at me with a blank stare. No, she wasn't deaf, as she spoke to Sloth, and kept calling me the strange man. Not A strange man, THE strange man. Finally I got it all loaded up, uncle dad walked around the trailer to take one last look at the truck (which wasn't ever his so no emotional value there) and walked away. I drove as fast out of that area as possible and made my way home. Oh, and for the puking thing, they all stared at me and didn't move or say a word when I puked in the ditch next to the truck that bordered their yard. Nice.
LMFAO. You just can't make that kind of s*$% up.
c10seth is offline   Reply With Quote