The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds 88-98

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
Alwayssomethin

My 96 RCSB LS Swap/Rebuild Thread.

Going to start this out with a quick summary brought over from another site...

This was my first vehicle. Bought from my dad @ 15 years old...RCSB 2WD 96 silverado, all power, ultra silver/black/light gray interior.

Didnt start with much haha....

In Sept 09 truck was broken into, insurance tried to total, fought it, got a check, fixed, and came out like this

When I bought my crew cab, the brakes locked down, took to a shop because I didnt want to fool with it, it sat forever, I finally went and picked it up, oil spot on driveway kept frustrating me, members tempted me, it was tired after 265k, so here is how she sits now...

Will be beginning to strip factory harness, cleaning, painting frame, replacing a lot of front end components and body bushings here in the next week or so. then will be ready to sit the motor/trans in, work on my wiring, fuel, and all the good stuff like that. when I get through, itll be back to chevy front clip, sport grille, smoothie front, NBS rear bumpers. Will probably have re sprayed pure silver/carbon black w cowl hood.

pics of front end stripped, painted the frame with a black/hammered finish, all control arm bushings etc. replaced w moog problem solvers

after my 2" belletch procoils.

TBSS 243 heads/drivetrain/intake I picked up for $350, will likely have a local guy port/polish before installing on the 6.0. In time I also picked up a TSP 224R 114LSA cam, patriot gold dual valve springs.

Alwayssomethin is offline   Reply With Quote