The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
Chevrolet9279

Question 1970 project in need of help!

Hello!

im new here so i hope it not to bad of a post.

i just bought a 1970 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup Saterday. it was in the weeds and i saved her and my plans are to retore her to her original state or real close.

my problem is it is titled and the glove box plate says 1970 but it has disc brakes on the front and 1971 or 72 front end and doors.
it maybe peiced together but i want to know if the frame is 1970. i dont know how to tell and really want to know. IS there anywhere i can look to find out if it is original or what it is.

and is there some place i can find out the way it was original? i barely can read the plate inside the glove box. and i was told that my truck could be LATE 1970 to get the disc brakes.

and help would be great.

on a side note any suggestions on what carb to put on it. i want something with all the power but not nickel and dime me to drive it. i want to ditch the quadrajet on it. its broke anyways.

thanks alot!
Chevrolet9279 is offline   Reply With Quote