The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
Wildstreak
"something witty here"

1970 k10 "War Machine"

Where to start. I've owned this truck for the past fifteen years, I bought the truck as parts and it sat for quite awhile. After finding room in the barn to work on something I stripped the cab and box off and cleaned the frame and coated it in a rubberized underbody paint, not the best I know but it holds up really well over time. I got another cab that was in better condition that a po had patched all the rust. I then got a 700r4 np 208 combo out of another parts suburban that had just been rebuilt. I mated that with the 350 I had in my cheyenne and mounted them in the frame. Then the cab got mounted with a new kit from lmc. It sat for six months then I got a better job and cash flow increased again. In the past month I've cut the driveshaft down got a new wire harness from painless installed and put all the accessories on the motor. Also rebuilt the edlebrock carb and she fired up and purred like a kitten. I finally wired 220 into the barn bought pipes and two magnaflow mufflers and welded up my own exhaust. I must admit it sounds great lol. I then used the tci lock up kit on the 700r4 and decided to put water in the rad and let the truck warm up. So I did so. After reaching running temp I shut it down and checked Fluid levels. The tranny has a milky fluid in it which means water is mixed in the fluid. And from reading about it once you get water in there it's ruined. So in the next week/month I'll be swapping the 700r4 np208 out for the stock 465 np205 combo. I figure I can start a thread now to document the progress and the disasters that happen along the way. I can't upload pic with my phone so I'll add some later.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
71 burb 2wd: 350 4spd
71 lwb fleetside 4x4: 350/sm465/205/3.07 eaton posi rear
72 lwb fleetside Cheyenne 454/th400
1991 GMC V3500 CC 4x4
Wildstreak is offline   Reply With Quote