The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2012, 01:00 AM   #1
Yukon 400

1953 Big Pickup Project

Here's my project, it began with having quite a few Cummins motors laying around and now knowing what to do with them. This time it seems to make more sense that it would be easier to follow the smog laws for Vegas and not have to worry or sneak by, and I really like the rounded look of these AD trucks so that was it to stuff a diesel in one.

After looking around this truck in California seemed to be a starting point, been sitting out in a field for many years, not running, but mostly complete trucks, and with some air in the tires could roll.

So head out there on a weekend ant take a look at it, seemed ok, but the owner could not locate the title, going back home empty and begin to wait for the owner. Finally a month later in the end of July I was notified that the title was obtained and the truck could be picked up.

Loaded on the trailer, and on the way home we go. Stopped to recheck the load, the heavy steel plate flat bed deck did not make the load distribution very favorable for easy towing.

There's a grin for a new lease on life.

1952 Chevy 6400 Truck - Looking for a direction in life
Yukon 400 is offline   Reply With Quote