The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
stexag

Dash wiring question - '69 full cluster

I have searched the forum and am studying the diagrams from the electrical section (kudos boundstaffpress) but I'm unclear on a couple items.

Let me begin by saying I purchased my truck with a panel full of aftermarket gauges and a new restored panel in a box. I'm currently installing the new panel w/ volts, water temp, oil press, tach, spedo, and fuel. Unfortunately I don't have a previous example to follow so I beseech the board for a little help.

1. The volt gauge has 2 poles and the printed circuit runs under them. Am I to hook other wires up to this gauge? It doesn't respond when I turn on lights so I'm not sure if I don't have it hooked up correctly of if there is an issue somewhere else in the harness.

2. Water temp has 4 poles. The printed circuit runs under the two horizontal poles but the vertical ones are empty. Am I supposed to hook sensing unit up here somewhere?

or is the Cluster Connector the ONLY wires hooked to the dash and I need to find where the shorts are somewhere downstream?

Thanks.
stexag is offline   Reply With Quote