The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
63swag

61 rebuild of the rebuilt

Finally decided to start a build thread even though I've already rebuilt most of the truck. My current plans are to make it as driver friendly as possible so this means power steering, front sway bar, larger fuel tank,redo my wiper system, and hopefully A/C and heat. And want to do a few other things like bags in the rear, c notch, new bed floor, change up some colors, and possible patina the paint.
A little back story of where we are: Pulled the truck from a field about 15 miles from where i live. Work truck, no ac heat or radio was built in Kansas and sold in south La. so its been a Louisiana truck its whole life. Stripped it to the frame and replaced every nut bolt bushing line and ball joint then repainted the frame. Stripped the body repaired rust in the floor rockers cab corners and doors smoothed out all the dents and painted it hot rod flatz daytona blue. Sripped the interior and replaces everything all new wiring gauges latches window regulators weather stripping gaskets then rattle can painted it a metal flake red and low gloss black. Oh yea, and its got a 350/700r4 combo with power disc brakes up front. That gets us close to where we are so time for pics!
How it sits now
[IMG][/IMG]
Parts that I've collected so far
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
63swag is offline   Reply With Quote