The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #26
capev86

Re: Meet Earl. '71 C10 Suburban

with just a front sway bar there will still be a fair amount of body roll out back but a front sway bar will give a million times better control than no bar. the truck won't wobble around on corners. i can drive my 40 year old truck nearly as aggressively as a modern rig thanks to the sway bar. the stiffer springs out back will help with rear sway a bit.

as for shocks, you can go cheap replacement, kyb's for a bit of improvement, or you can get Bilsteins like i did. German engineering for the masses. just like with the front sway bar, there are a lot of similarities between the 71-72 and 73-87 so shocks for the next gen trucks will fit if you don't see them listed. for the rear, the front shocks for a vintage (late 60's?) Toyota Land Cruiser are a pretty good fit. luckily i keep a log book in my truck so here's the part numbers for ya~

front: 24-192941
rear: 24-002486

if you prefer black over the normal yellow/blue and want to spend big bucks ($400 instead of $250), there is an online shop that sells 'em specially calibrated for our trucks. could send you the link in a pm if you want to go that route. i wanted to save a bit of $$$ and the blue on yellow compliments my Hawaiian blue Suburban anyway.

as for the HD springs, only upgrade the rears and you should be ok with the ride quality as you won't be riding in the back seat much. with the trailer hitched up, all things will be even!
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote