The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
hwyman456

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly . . .

First Off Let me introduce myself,

I am a newby to this whole Chevy C10 thing I have always really liked these trucks and finally decided to jump in it while there are still a few around that I can almost afford (barely) and wont have to end up getting a divorce over it (its not done yet).

Anyways I started lookin for one a few months back and ran across a bunch of trucks that were either Way to big of a project than I was ready for or Cost Way too much. . . Or both!

Im sure you are all aware that once the serious rust (and idiots) get a hold of these bodies you can be in for some fairly serious metal work. Not being very experienced with bodywork I was trying to avoid or limit this as much as possible. That being said every one I found had it in the rockers and door jams to various degrees and many had bad floors of the bed and cab. Most of them looked like they had some hard lives or may be straight but other than that were just shells a good cab here or there, fenders here/there but nothing worked/no runny/no title/etc . . .I was about to shelve it or give it up completely.

In other words: I was looking for preferably 69-72, SWB, clean, operable, running, driving, straight, non-rust havin, titled, Cheap . . . . You can imagine how this worked out . . .

Anyway this is what I ended up with: 1972 Chevy C10 Deluxe, Fleetside, LWB

The Good:

The Bad

The Ugly

Im not sure what the final direction will be with this old truck but most immediately is slowing/stopping the rust and beginning to start to close up some of these holes. Thanks for Looking . . .

Last edited by hwyman456; 03-27-2013 at 05:39 PM.
hwyman456 is offline   Reply With Quote