The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
Beaumont@

1970 C10 Power windows, Power locks, Keyless entry install

I noticed there is not a whole lot of info on installing power windows & locks on this site so I thought I would share how I am doing it maybe it will help someone. If you are against cutting your doors or kick panels this is probably not the mod for you. Not saying it cannot be done but it makes life a whole lot easier.I never had to remove my doors thankfully.

Parts
-Electric life GM49-K power window kit
-Electric life 94201 Billet door wire looms
-GM power window switches (found mine in the junkyard)
-Autoloc KL550 Keyless entry
-A1 Electric 2 Door MES Central Door Lock Kit W01F

The first thing I did was remove the old regulators and installed the electric life power window motors. I found it tricky to get all rollers to line up by myself, would be easier to get someone to hold the glass when doing this. I also cut a access hole to remove the window motor in order to access the double wall inside the door which needs to be cut for the wire loom to pass through.

Name:  IMG_1892.jpg
Views: 12389
Size:  43.0 KB

Here is a before pic of the inside double wall that needs to be cut for the door loom to pass through.

Name:  IMG_1785.jpg
Views: 9742
Size:  31.8 KB

Once that was done I set about installing the door looms. I made the mistake of buying a set of door looms off ebay only to find out they were to small for all the wires to pass through (8 of them including door locks) so I had get the electric life ones which have the larger inside diameter. I placed the door looms at the bottom of the door I didn't want them to hit the window guides. I used a 3/4 hole saw to cut into the door pillar first then the door. This is the part you do not want to make a mistake on.

Name:  IMG_1834.jpg
Views: 9910
Size:  45.3 KB
Name:  IMG_1780.jpg
Views: 9752
Size:  36.4 KB

I cut a access square in the kick panels in order to install the looms and wiring.

Name:  IMG_1897.jpg
Views: 10068
Size:  43.1 KB
Beaumont@ is offline   Reply With Quote