The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
stewdecky

High School Hot rodders

OK Guys. I've been hanging around for a couple of years and finally got the nerve to post what we have been up to. I teach an Automotive/Small Engine class at a small Kansas high school. Last year our kids wanted to build a hot rod. I have been wanting to attempt a s10 swap on a AD truck and have been collecting parts. What a better way to get kids excited about our hobby and teach them some fab skills, engine placement, rebuild, tune, suspension, you get the picture.

We have researched the topic and have used this site almost exclusively. Many thanks to Atomik, Bartman, 99to life, BlueJeep and all the others on this site. We have followed your builds and got many ideas for ours. This is an awesome site.

We started last Nov. after small engines and had it running by the end of school in may. This summer I have completed many things and drove it to
Salina KKOA 3 hours one-way without a hitch. I must say I do love the ride and handling of the s10 frame. We used a 350-350 combo, 4 wheel drive rear, spacers in the front, and fabbed all our mounts. We used 2 in dropped spindles and 3 in lowering blocks in the rear. The body is 3.5 inches off the frame and a tranny tunnel was built for clearance. Radiator is the Speedway GM aluminum universal that cost $115.
Attached Images

stewdecky is offline   Reply With Quote