The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > Diesel Conversions

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #10
gerfunken

Re: Scott's 1972 Chevy K-20. A place to start.

So, apparently I've been a little bit lax in my updates. It seems that summer has come and is now on its way out (except that it was still 107 here yesterday.) I've done a couple of little things, but most of the time has been doing other things on the "to-do" list. Spent a weekend cleaning up the yard, front and back. Hosted a surprise 75th birthday party for my father-in-law. Spent a weekend up at my grandparents, always hoping that this visit isn't the last time I see them. Spent a weekend drinking with my brother when he came down to visit. In all, they've been wonderful weekends, just not truck productive weekends.

So, I ended up pushing the truck out of the garage so I could get my work area cleaned up. With parts lying everywhere on the ground, and tools suddenly misplaced, I figured that it was time to clean up the garage. And, while I was at it, I could take a couple of pictures. While I really wish they were, "look what moved under its own power" shots, they're not. Oh well… anyway, I'd call these beauty shots, but we all know what my truck looks like.

Oh, look, I do have a garage.

My new 'Merican flag flying high.

The Dodge D-80 sitting under the bed. It looks like my axle width has increased by 4-6 inches. I didn't do before and after measurements, but it's got a much wider stance in the rear than it had before.

Smart aleck kids putting stuff where they shouldn't

My son was being a smart arse when he helped me bleed the brakes. We got done, and I came back out to find this new component "installed" on the truck, with the appropriate label. I guess I won't fault him too much.

The bump-stop that was added as part of the conversion.

Hooked up the air filter. Ended up using a propane bottle (top and bottom cut off) to add as the rigid piece inside the hose & filter so that I had something to clamp down on to.

And, a mess of Dodge wiring that is hanging over the side of the truck.

Well, at least I got the garage cleaned up, but oddly enough, there aren't any shots of a clean garage.

1972 Chevy K20
Picture Gallery
Build Thread

1930 Chevy AD
Picture Gallery

1929 Ford Model-A
Picture Gallery

1975 Triumph TR-6
Picture Gallery
gerfunken is offline   Reply With Quote