The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
terryw554

Barn find!!

Found this less than a mile from my house, been sitting in a barn for 28 yrs. The funny thing is I know the guy that owned it well, we graduated together in 1981, I drove the truck in 1980 right after he got it. I've talked to him numerous times over the years, fixed his cars at my bodyshop several times, just never talked about the truck, I just assumed he had gotten rid of it. He brought his sons Mustang in for repairs a few weeks ago and we started talking about the old days, I mentioned that super clean 65 truck he scored in high school and how I was sure it had been gone for decades. He said, you know that thing has been sitting in my barn since 1985. I couldn't believe he still had it, and was willing to sell it. His tassle off his graduation cap was still hanging on the rear view mirror and there was a Commodores cassette in the glove box. LOL The body is incredibly straight, no rust at all, other than surface rust. I write estimates all the time on 4 and 5 yr old trucks thst need more bodywork than this thing! I just bought a 2011 Camaro SS for the engine & trans. I,m starting to gather up pieces and will start a build thread when I make some progress. Even have the license plates ordered!
Attached Images

terryw554 is offline   Reply With Quote