The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
48ChevBagged

48 Chevy Truck/ s10 chassis+ Cummins 4bt + a bunch of other parts

Figured I would start a build thread on my truck. Its a 48 Chevy truck I bought out of Pulaski, Virginia. This is an original one owner truck that was bought new and used on a farm. The original owner passed away and left it to his grandson who had no interest in doing anything with it. So that is how i got my hands on it.

It had been sitting in this field for over 10 years when I got it. He drove it home to his farm and parked it there and left it. I bought the truck off of ebay and just went by what pictures He had of it and what he had told me over the phone. I bought it and towed it back home to NC and put it in the garage where it sat for a little over a year untouched. Just recently I flew in working on it so now I am about to fast forward to the current state of this project. Upon buying this truck I thought it looked pretty solid but it turns out it needed more metal work than I had planned on doing. Oh well that is just the way it goes sometimes. The last two trucks I have built have been on s10 chassis with air bags and fuel injected engines in them. So for this one I have a different drive train in mind. I am going with a Cummins 4bt from a bread van backed by a 5 speed overdrive trans from a 89 f-150 truck. Here are some more pictures starting with the tear down.

Name:  033.jpg
Views: 4126
Size:  58.0 KB

Name:  031.jpg
Views: 5369
Size:  73.3 KB

Name:  032.jpg
Views: 2784
Size:  80.4 KB

Name:  040.jpg
Views: 2814
Size:  66.2 KB