The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
Sharps40
Account Suspended

John Lee's Halogen Headlight with Relay's Upgrade

Time for a safety upgrade....a bad connection at the radiator bulkhead and I occasionally loose one headlight. That plus they are old sealed beams and I'm putting in halogen. Higher draw than the original system would handle since all the power runs thru the headlight switch....I'll insert relays to run the halogens and also to pull power directly from the battery thereby eliminating the loop of high amps thru the switch.

Heres the supplies...

Here is the faulty bulkhead connector...I've tagged the low beam wire (brown). The green wire is high beam.

Down here at the DS sealed beam I've tagged the low beam wire, ground is obvious, the third wire is high beam.

With all the power looping thru the headlight switch and the high/low switch, I only receive 10.8 volts of power at the headlights.

Mounting the new sealed beam halogen in the bucket, the original T3 sealed beam on the right.

Over on the passenger side, a broken socket and a rigged up ground wire.

The new replacement sockets are high temp rated for the Halogen lights.