The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
RangRayy

Maylene '51 GMC

First and fore most, hello to everyone who visits or subscribes to my build.

This is the story of Maylene. She is my daughter. My ole lady and I bought her in late February or early March of last year(2012). Soon after we found out we were expecting . I really wanted a daughter and she wanted a healthy baby. I couldn't argue with her there but off subject; low and behold we were having a boy 8D!!!!! I was not disappointed by any means(since it wasn't a girl...) Maylene became my daughter. That was the name we had decided on if he was a girl.

This is Maylene when I found her.

She is a native of Missouri as I later found out. Born in St. Louis and was 624th off the line.

She is a 1951 GMC 3/4T Longbox. The gentleman I bought her from thought she was '50, he took it in on a trade.

Backstory
I called the guy up(craigslist ad) talked for a few mins like total strangers. I asked the usual stupid questions because lets face it he was 2 hours away from me and I had no intentions of going to see the truck. Mainly I couldn't afford what he was asking. I talked it over with the ole lady and first look it was love at first sight for her...
I had explained to her that a week prior I was talking with my dad about his 1966 mustang and the restoration it needed. Basically asking him for it because I needed a project(not knowing my son was soon to be on the way). She agreed to it as our project and chipped in what she had saved. I called the guy up made a time and drove down to see her in person. Without hesitation the truck was sold.

The original motor was not in her, instead a Buick Nailhead was mated to the 3spd transmission. Believe it to be a 1954 264 V8.

SO....
you're probably wondering...what is he going to be doing, restoring? parting? or staring at it... Glad you asked. I am big into ratrods and after I saw that front grill it screamed ratrod to me. And the journey begins....
RangRayy is offline   Reply With Quote