The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #9
EdSevered

Re: Post pics of your Longbed Trucks!! No short stuffs allowed!!

I think the PO said he got the seats out of a mid-80's Blazer or Suburban (possibly an '84). I also do not know if the mounting brackets that he used are stock to the seats. Not sure where the console came from, to my eye, it looks very similar to the stock 67-72 C-10 consoles. It is possible that it all came from an '87, as that is the year of the current engine and tranny (350/350). I haven't investigated any further.

I can say this setup fits pretty well in the cab, from side-to-side. The seats are comfortable (I like the arm rests), somewhat adjustable from front to back, and provide adequate leg room for me. I am about 5' 9" tall, and when driving the seat height is good, not too low, not too high.

I have the original saddle colored bench seat, which is in fairly decent shape, but I may sell it. I like these, just have to clean them up, they smell like they just came out of the salvage yard.

Also, while I know I won't be going "resto" on this truck, the type of cloth covering on these seats kinda bugs me. It makes them stand out, like: "something isn't right here, but I can't quite put my finger on it".

-Ed

Last edited by EdSevered; 11-23-2013 at 08:48 AM.