The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
danimal95

Newb doing a LS3/6L80 twin turbo swap K5

Been a lurker here for a while now,thought some of you may be interested in my latest project swap:1970 K5 blazer 4x4 that I picked up earlier this year.I bought the truck out of Baja Ca. original paint zero rust couldn't pass it up so last Friday I pulled the carb'd 383 and TH350 trans out and started my swap here are the plans:
I have a L92/LS3 that I got from a friend for a song and dance,and a donated 6L80E out of a 2007 Escalade.Decided that wasn't enough so I also scrounged together a set of used Grand National turbos that I will be running as well.
It will be kept 4x4 using a NV241 T-case with a pass front diff drop,I have also ordered the Dirty Dingo complete front replacement cross member and mount kit for the swap,should be here today.
I was able to get the aluminum radiator Precision turbo a/a inter cooler and the dual 4th gen fans mounted as an assembly this past Saturday and my intentions are to have the motor in and turbo fab started by the beginning of the weekend.Here are the pics so far:

danimal95 is offline   Reply With Quote