The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
79 silverado
Account Suspended

LS3 525hp and a 76swb.... lost motivation

So as a result of an impulse buy a while back I have a new LS3 engine here (GM part no 19301360) sitting in its GM crate that the original plan was to eventually swap in to the 76 Silverado.... said truck being the same one that every few months I hmmm and haw over getting rid of because I just don't know that my heart is into it. (bought it from its 30+ year prior owner pretty much because it had a 30+ year prior owner) Not sure if or how many of these are running around in a square body either which would have been a fun idea, but still...

I'm really not thinking that the motivation/desire to see it through just is there to be honest with you. Ok, I know the motivation/desire to see it through isn't there. I have a black/black with red interior truck that is ready to build, and what I want is a blue/white with blue interior truck that just plain works and is ready to enjoy.

Nothing has been taken apart or worked on... actually, the original 350 still runs and drives (albeit with a noisy top end valve/??? that goes away when warmed up, and with a leaking front brake hose but does run and drive) and I'm wondering... do you guys think the truck/collection of parts would be appealing to a buyer as is or would I need to split it up? What do you think it would bring? for what it is worth all this stuff is in Georgia.

Obviously there is a ton of money in buying/accumulating this truck and parts, and it doesn't have everything needed for the swap either.... just some new/used parts for the truck in stock form plus a big ol honkin engine in a crate.

Thoughts?
79 silverado is offline   Reply With Quote