The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #1
Dean'smeanmachine

'72 chevrolet c20 custom camper build "Craig"

Hi all this is my build. i FINALLY figured out how to start my build thread.

I am fairly new to the board. I bought my 72 september 8 2013.
my truck is in the usual shape , rockers ,cab corners, ect. rusted out.
i have done quite a bit to it all ready so id better get started posting pics or ill be way behind. i am fabricating a bunch of the parts. and the parts i will buy will be from CLASSIC TRUCK PARTS OF AMERICA. so far ive striped the truck down.
took the bed, fender, door, bench,floor mat,ect. all off. now i am slowly cutting the old bad parts off and fabricating parts. ive done the drivers section of inner rocker panel. ive also fabricated the front driver side floor support. i am so thankfull for this great website. i get about 90% of my info from this great site.
whenever i have a question i look it up in here.

now for a little history on my 72. well i bought it for 1600 at a lot down the road from me. i really like the 67-72 trucks. the truck was bought new from craig chevrolet arvada colorado by a plumber who used the truck as has work truck for hualing pipes and the like. after him some guy bought it who abandoned it at a camp ground for ten years in colorado. than a missing piece to the puzzle. im not sure how or why it ended up here in Ny. but when it came from CO, it didnt have a spec of rust on it. then after twenty years here in NY the salt started eating at the truck. the man who sold it to me had owned it for mabey 15-20 years? not sure. but the truck was specail to him
becuase he had owned it for a while. well fast forward to today and now its time to bring her back to her glory. i want "craig" (trucks name) to look stock all around, but have a few custimazations. like an LED strip under the tailgate, ect. i want to get some origanol styled hub caps for the truck and paint them to match (ochre/white) thanks for taking a look. feel free to comment or ask questions. i will keep this updated as well as i could some dates on pics are wrong. these were all taken in 2013
Attached Images

1972 Custom Camper c/20 5.3 LS swap in progress. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=610187

in God we Trust

Last edited by Dean'smeanmachine; 01-01-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Dean'smeanmachine is offline   Reply With Quote