The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2014, 11:07 PM   #1
doubeys_nova

'85 K10 LSX/700R4 Swap

I did an LSX swap with a 4.8L, th350, np208 t-case and 3.08:1 gear sets about 2 years ago. I just roughed it in and worked the kinks and made sure stuff was gonna last before paint and small detail stuff was done

Starting at front and going back I will do my best to list stuff and then tomorrow do a little bit more in depth on each

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified item. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help

. Put the steam port on the heater core supply hose and that pretty much sums up cooling system. A/C I will go into soon on a separate post in this thread.

I am running a 4" CAI with the MAF on the filter end. Followed by a stock truck DBC throttle body with a lokar throttle cable and a bowtieoverdrives.com 700R4 TV cable adapter. Next is a 2005 5.3L stock truck intake with return less fuel rail and 23 lb injectors and that sums up air intake.

Short and sweet I have 862 factory 99 4.8L heads and valvetrain. It is a 4.8 so I don't see any upgrade for that minus maybe a cam unless I get it pro tuned. Stock block and rotating assembly.

Stock truck coils, MSD wires and NGK V-power plugs.

Stock truck headers minus some grinding on pass. side for clearance. No EGR.

Finish this up tomorrow at work.

Last edited by truckdude239; 01-07-2014 at 11:35 PM.
doubeys_nova is offline   Reply With Quote