The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #1
BlueEK9

Williams Plumbing 67 C10

Many people have been asking me to put together a build thread so here we go.

My name is Chris Fowler from Puyallup Washington. I started Northwest C10s on Facebook and have multiple C10 projects going on at the same time.

This build in particular is a tribute to my late grandfather that passed away in 2013. His name was George Williams, he was a Air force veteran, a retired union plumber and owned his own company which was originally started by his father Earl Williams.

I purchased this second owner truck out of Shelton Washington in 2010 with the intention of using it as donor parts for a short bed project that I am still working on. Shortly after getting the truck home I quickly realized it was much to nice too nice tear apart and had great patina so I set out to build a shop truck. The first step was to come up with a catchy logo for the doors.

As my grandfathers health began declining and the family began reminiscing over old photos I decided to throw ideas like Rusty Nuts Speed Shop out the window and build tribute truck to my grandfather using his original business logo, Williams Plumbing.

The truck is not entirely finished but here is a picture of me showing it to my grandmother for the first time just months after my grandfathers funeral.

You can also find me on Instagram by searching my user name, blueek9. The name BlueEK9 comes from one of my old projects, a blue EK9 Honda Civic that was featured in multiple magazines.

The truck is a 1967 Chevy C10 Custom with a panoramic rear window. It started life with a 327 and red interior although the previous owner swapped those out for a fresh 350 and black upholstery.

More pictures to come...

Chris Fowler
BlueEK9 is offline   Reply With Quote