The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2014, 12:09 AM   #1
Att Isaiah Loophole

Loophole's 66 C10

Hey guys the name is Bryce. Big aircooled VW fan but I have always had a soft spot for old Chevrolet trucks. I drove a 68 C10 in high school and I still own the truck although I haven't touched it in years. Time has really taken a toll on it. Been wanting to get back to it but VW's have consumed all my free time. Up until recently I seemed to keep 10-12 VW's in various states. I am down to six now with 3 drivers and 2 keeper projects and one undecided project.

Anyway on to the point of this build thread. I picked this truck up in September 2013. I wasn't hunting for a truck as at the time I had a F250 and my poor 68 C10. Anyway I was at the local feed store dropping off some cowbells I etched for them. They sell them for people to ring at the local football games. I was in my bug and the lady that co-owns the place begins talking to me about older cars and says her dad wants to sell his old Chevy. Like I said I wasn't really looking but I had to ask the general what year, swb, fleetside, engine, tranny and the all important price question. A few days later her parents were available for me to look at the truck. I loved the truck and a deal was struck. The F-250 was gone the next week...lol It has the typical lower hood, lower fender and lower door rust but fairly solid everywhere else.

Its a 66 C10 swb, fleetside, inline 6, 3 speed on the column. Drove the truck home no problems. It had only been sitting for a couple of years. I ended up flushing the radiator, doing a carb rebuild, fixed the breather mount, new air cleaner and changed the oil shortly after getting it. I ended up also doing an hei install and temp sender within a couple weeks.

The truck was missing the tailgate when I bought it due to the son messing it up somehow. It didnt bother me too much as the price was dropped $500 from what I was told because of it. I ended up finding a replacement on craigslist for $100 after about a month of on and off searching. While getting the tail gate I picked thru some of the guys other parts and scored a set of 3" or 4" dropped rear springs for $40!

So obviously after purchasing the springs I had to get a more appropriate stance and wheels. The gun rack and aluminum wheels had to go. A buddy of mine works at summit racing so I visited him and picked up a set of six lug steelies. 15x6 and 15x8s I picked up the thin white walls from Discount Tire Direct. 205/75/15s and 215/75/15s If you haven't bought from them I recommend at least checking them out. Shipping is included in the price with no tax and when they run there deals the prices are hard to beat. I just take the tires to my local guy to get mounted and balanced.

Well that's all for now but I have more goodies ordered for it!

66 C10
68 C10
and the VW's
Att Isaiah Loophole is offline   Reply With Quote