The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2014, 09:47 PM   #1
GMCJOE

Installed the Nelson Performance tune

I received my Nelson Performance tuned PCM and TCM yesterday. Took about 5 minutes to removed the old and install the new, including disconnecting the battery and hooking it back up. The only pain, was the security relearn. Took 5 ten minute sessions before I was able to start it. So, if you plan on doing a mail order tune I would suggest contacting them and mailing your's in.

Upon startup, I noticed better throttle response. The exhaust notes sound way better. Shifts are more firm than before. Although, I haven't drove it far because of the very small military post I live one, I did notice more power in higher RPM's. I still have to take it to a dealership for the crankshaft position sensor relearn. So, I expect it to open up with that and some more road time.

Going in for a tune or mailing in your stuff will prevent the security and crankshaft sensor relearn.

So far, I am satisfied. And the 3 free tunes a year for as long as you own the vehicle is great.

1969 GMC SWB-350 SBC 700R4
2013 Ram 2500 CC Laramie Longhorn Edition-6.7 PPEI EFI Live CSP5 5” ProFlo Exhaust
GMCJOE is offline   Reply With Quote