The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2014, 02:18 PM   #1
Tropical Snowstorm
Lurky lurky

Family Hand Me Down Camaro

This 1970 Camaro RS was my aunt's first car, at 15 in 1972 she and my grandfather found it on a car lot in Knoxville, TN. Originally set up with a 307/TH350 and Classic Copper/Black Interior. It was her only car well into the 1990s, followed her to Atlanta, Indianapolis, Detroit, then Dallas.

When my cousin (her son) turned sixteen it was restored and set up for him to drive to school and work, that was 1997 and it took on it's current personality. It was painted with the current red, had a 350 crate engine installed (still doing research to see which one, I think it's a ZZ3) and the interior was refurbished.

Fast forward to today, my cousin lives in NYC and cannot do anything with the car. He sent it to his brother's house for storage (my other cousin) when he left Texas and now that he is looking to move as well it needs a good home. Lucky for me, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon and have extra garage space!! It does need a bit of work (doing a trans rebuild as we speak) but it's my new project and I am excited to get to play with it! This car has everything to do with why I am a gearhead, it's been a staple in my family since before I was even born. I'll keep updating as the car progresses.

First pic is my aunt sitting on the hood in the 70s at some point and the next are from me picking it up in Tennessee. I guess the Orche 72 in my sig gets pushed even further to the back burner... all in due time!

Tropical Snowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote