The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2014, 08:01 PM   #1
atp

Look what I pulled out of a barn...

A green truck on St. Patricks day...think I'll call her Patti

59,000 original miles - completely original - stored indoors and in this barn for the last 12!

This is how I found it, Ill post more pics as I get it cleaned up.

EDIT: The rest of the story as it was told to me…
added 3/18
Truck was bought new here in Asheville NC in December 1968 and then camper cover was installed. Shortly after buying the owner didn't really like it for some reason so committed to sell it to a family friend after making a "short" trip in it to Canada and back (still has some brochures from trip in the glove box). Upon returning, he sold it to the family I bought it from. It belonged to the grandmother of the man I bought it from and she drove it as her personal truck. It was very well cared for, driven as a "grocery getter" and it never sat out doors. All of the registration cards along with several receipts and complete owners papers/manual were in the glove box. She passed away in 2002 leaving it to her son. It has more or less sat in the barn in the pic since 2002. He decided to sell and I caught wind of it via Facebook and I was grateful to get to see it. I was the second person to look at it. First guy was a friend of the family and insulted them with an offer. I had to stand tall with my offer if I wanted to leave with it as word was spreading. I was able to purchase and avoid a bidding war - I am honored to own it. It is clean! Everything is stated as original (except gas tank). Ill post pics as I clean it up but bed is like new, the paint isn't even patina'd. I had big plans to build a patina'd truck on porterbuilt chassis if I every found one like this, BUT (don't shoot me yet) I think this one, once clean, will be better off left alone. So...Tires, cleanup, tune up and drive!
Attached Images

Last edited by atp; 03-25-2014 at 10:32 PM.
atp is offline   Reply With Quote