The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2014, 10:56 AM   #1
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

1972 GMC Mis-Represented

It’s time I got a build thread going… I’ll share, modify the route and get made fun of along the way.
I’ve parted a few trucks the last couple years and learned more than my share of lessons along the way but most importantly… I visited with, met and even assisted several of you in building and keeping your trucks on the road.
About the names…Most truck I see for sale or look at on CL never seem to actually be what I read about them in the ads before I get to look at them in person. That is where the 72 GMC trucks name comes from, “MISS REPRESENTED”. I’ll call the other truck “Board Built” because I only spend the money I make off parting trucks on it.
First, here’s a little background on the 1972 GMC truck “Miss Represented”. It was owned by an oil company and the owner was a quiet little old man (aren’t they all) that ordered it new in the summer of 71 and took possession of it in Sept 71. The serial number is 032 which will make it the lowest numbered production truck I have ever owned or parted. I have almost all the registrations for the truck going way back as well as the build sheet (as soon as I puzzle it all together again).
This truck was in the back yard of the girls Grandmothers, neighbor’s back yard in Grand Junction Colorado after her father passed in 2009. It was only used to hall limbs once a year to the dump. I bought the truck in the summer of 2010 from the gentleman’s estate for $800. It then cost me $600 to get it delivered from Grand Junction to my house here in Kansas. Currently, I have this body sitting on another BB SWB Chassis (from my avatar) that I initially built for GMC. So... this build up of the original chassis will eventually get paired back with its original body with an LS either 5.3 or 6.0 depending on my avaliability and options when Im ready for it..
I have another completed cab that will get all the saved nice black interior pieces I’ve saved and go on the BB chassis that is currently under the truck now. So in essence I’m building 2 trucks; one chassis for the original body and a cab for the BB chassis. It may seem confusing but it will quickly make sense as time goes.
I’ve acquired a lot of parts over the last few years to get this truck well on its way to being a really solid driver that can make its presence know. Most (if not all) the interior pieces are already in the garage and the same with the body panels, minus the bed (ill get a new one) and wheels/tires.
I’m using 15X8 steelies in the rear with 275/60/15s in the rear and 15X7 steelies with 245/60/15s in the front for mockup until I figure out the final stance. 2.5” lowered springs in front with 4” drop in rear with possibly a set of spindles and a block to follow for an additional 2”.
Enjoy the pics and follow along knowing that everyone who has bought parts from me will be is building this truck with me. I really appreciate everyone on this board allowing me to make “Miss Represented” a reality. “Board Build” will be the pleasant surprise that gets everything nice from all the trucks I’ve parted.
Here we go!

*EDIT*
From here on out I am numbering these 3 trucks for reference and those following along (not that many people are). LOL
Here is the breakdown.
Truck 1: Medium Bronze 72 GMC
Truck 2: Green 68 Chevy
Truck 3: Huggar Orange 71
Attached Images

Last edited by Cash3481; 08-01-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Cash3481 is offline   Reply With Quote