The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2014, 03:56 PM   #1
audaciousduo

72 Jimmy Fuel Tank Question

So,

I'm up to my eye balls in a 72 Jimmy build and after much head scratching and many years of building off road trucks I've elected to go with a TBI kit for the new crate motor. I love carburetors when I'm building muscle cars but hate them off road. I live right in the Rocky mountains and most places I take my fly rod are remote and require some steep inclines and declines. I'm sure there are other opinions but I've owned many a 4x4 and never had any luck with carburetors and steep inclines.

Now for the question regarding the gas tank. The system I've chosen is a closed system which requires a return line. That line would preferably feed into the bottom of the tank so as not to create a whole lot of bubbles. There are three lines going into my tank, one being the draw line with the fuel gauge and the other two on the top on opposing sides to do with the charcoal filter evap system. Does either of these lines have enough of a nipple on inside the tank it to clamp a length of fuel line to it for a return line? Or has anyone figured out another way to set up a fuel return line?

Thanks in advance

audaciousduo is offline   Reply With Quote