The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2014, 07:44 PM   #1
Sean C

66 Short Bed

Hey guys! I took on and accomplished my first project on the 66. Currently, the truck has a TH350 transmission and a couple weeks ago I took off the pan to fix a leaky gasket and I found metal in the pan. A local transmission shop said they'd pull it and ship it off to be inspected for $300...and that's just to look at it. So, since I've been waiting for a reason to do the T56 swap, I decided to heck with spending a bunch of money fixing the TH350, it's time to get the T56 going.

This project:

Procar Bucket Seats
Three Point Seat Belts
Sound deadening/heat shield

My truck had the bench seat and from what I found through the forums and other resources, the shifter for the T56 won't clear the bench seat without a relocation kit. I didn't want to spend the money for the kit and then to have someone put the kit on and new buckets were a lot cheaper than all that. So, a buddy and I spent a couple days pulling the bench/carpet to put in some heat shielding/sound deadening, the three point seat belts, and the buckets

The truck is significantly quieter and warmer. I can't wait to do the headliner and of course, the T56.

Here are some pics. I wish I would've taken some more. Next project!
Attached Images

Last edited by Sean C; 03-31-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Sean C is offline   Reply With Quote