The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
wilyunu

Rant....

I am just posting this to rant a little bit, and to advise people in the Eastern NC area about the lack of quality customer service at my local U-pull-it. Yesterday, I call my local salvage yard Foss Recycling which has several locations. I usually go to the local one, but I was informed by a receptionist that th LaGrange location had 3 trucks I might be interested in. A 1967, 1969, and a 1972 C10.
I was kinda surprised, and a little excited as they don't show up in the salvage yards here very often. I live about 65 miles away, so I made sure of the time they closed (5PM) , and was able to leave work early ( no small feat, as I am military and we are short handed in my division right now ). I leave the house at 3:20 and get to the yard at 4:35. I am told that they close the gate at 4:30 and am not allowed to go look at the vehicles. (I tried to explain that I was not going to be pulling parts, that I wanted to see if they had any viable parts, however they did not budge). I was irate to say the least.
This morning, I check their website; the time for the LaGrange yard says 9-5 I call the yard and speak to a manager(?), his response? They are a cheaply run operation, and that he is sorry about my wasted trip, but there is nothing he can do. ( Obviously I am not asking for free parts here....) However when I ask if one of his employee can take five minutes to go look at the trucks and see if there are any decent parts on them, to save me another trip, he basically tells me to go kick rocks..... As for the website saying what time they are open, he tells me sorry, and that will be corrected today... To recap, this place has NO idea about quality customer service, and no concern for getting repeat customers. The local yard (Havelock) has generally been a pretty good place, however LaGrange has ruined the reputation for the whole company in my mind. I would have submitted a complaint with BBB, but alas they are not accredited.
sorry for the wall of text.... I just had to vent, end rant.
wilyunu is offline   Reply With Quote