The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
hardhatdiver

1964 K10 project (K1404)

New here. While doing some research for my new project, I came across this great site. After admiring all the great project threads, I thought I'd share what will likely be a slow process on mine. I always regretted getting rid of my 2nd Series '55 NAPCO about ten years ago, so I thought this project would help appease some of the pain. I am only the 2nd owner (well, the pink slip was never transferred by the second guy) of this truck that was purchased new on 1-14-64 and driver 'til about 2006. The original owner was meticulous about paperwork, and I have records of everything ever done to this truck except gasoline fills. He even kept the original order form that I've included below. That's him in the first photo. In 2006 he completely tore it apart to perform a complete overhaul. If there is any type of gasket, seal, bushing, etc. for this truck, he bought a new one for it, and they are all in their original GM boxes. The truck has the optional tach and did have an original GM supplied Borg clock mounted on the dash that somehow didn't make it to me. The cab is in excellent condition less the cowl and floor rust that will be repaired soon from the cowl and floor from another cab. The engine, transmission, and transfer case have been rebuilt. First thing to go is the wheels and tires on it that will be replaced by a set of 16" (non '64 correct) steel wheels and a set of 7.5 x 16 Power Kings (I only have two of the original wheels). The plan is for an all original restoration. Let's see how it goes. More to follow.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]
hardhatdiver is offline   Reply With Quote