The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds 88-98

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2014, 06:45 AM   #11
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: My Luxurious late model truck (not so much)

Same here. I have no interest in any box that requires me to have the seat any place but full back. I'm a corn fed boy so I need the room. Further, I have no interest in building a sub box so it will be pre-fab or nothing for me. If I collected all of my wood working tools it would be a circular saw and a miter saw. That's it. I don't even own a jigsaw. Last thing I want to do is buy tools to build one box.

I am second guessing myself that I didn't pre-plan and lay out some preamp cables and amp power cables before I laid the carpet though.

I'd imagine I'll just go with the 4 speakers and head unit right now and come back and address it further if I wind up being dissatisfied with it in day to day driving.

I've been having some pretty good luck selling various stuff on Craigslist lately. It's nice to clean some clutter out of the shop and free up some truck building money. I'm getting toward the end of this project I hope so I can start shifting gears toward a full rebuild of my stepside this winter. I'd like to replace the bed on this truck and run through the steering and front suspension and I think it will be ready to go.

Last edited by Tx Firefighter; 06-19-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Tx Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote