The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #1
Ben_Yeaton

Bagged '62 Big Window Short Fleet

Very excited about my new project, should be a lot of fun. Let's start with some pics shall we:

62 big window short bed fleet side
283 with cam, 327 heads with valve work, holley 650 cfm double pumper, headers, true duals with 12" glass packs dumped after the cab, low mount alternator, extras. Polished Th350 with lokar shifter, custom alum drive line, 10 bolt rear with 4.10s.
Suspension is thorbros front p47 with 3" spindles, CPP disc, slam bags all around, speedway engineering spline style sway bar, rear is triangulated 4 link with custom notch work, tubing braces and cross members, all shocks are 10 way adjustable rancho.
Air management is currently 4 valves, front/ back only, 2 7 gallon tanks, 2 viair 350 compressors, toggle switches.
Wheels are stock steel, rears are reversed for offset. Tires are 820 firestones.
Inside it has buddy buckets out of a 68, looks to be original material. All black Stewart Warner gauges, everything works. Shaved dash, battery mounted under passenger floorboard.

Things I'm going to upgrade/ fix:
Add a dual needle gauge for front/ back airbag pressures (there is only tank pressure now)
Add thermostat for rad fan (on/off switch currently)
Add pressure switch to air management (on/off switch currently)
Add in line slow downs for the lift (drop has slow downs but lift is waaaay to fast)
Fit doors and good, they are sloppy now.
Re-jet or replace carb. Seems over carbureted at the moment.
Replace mufflers with something less intense. Probably manga flows.
Find OG passenger front fender (I have drivers) and trim them for clearance/ reinforce and install
Find door glass (have wings and rubbers)
Build raised wood bed floor with wheel tubs (later)
Re-blast and primer hood.

I know this isn't everything. Let me know what you think, I'll be chipping away at the build when I can. Should be a blast!
Ben_Yeaton is offline   Reply With Quote