The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2014, 06:10 PM   #1
1972BlueC20

Is this a fair deal to rebuild my transmission?

Hi Guys,

My transmission is leaking on my 72 c20 (th350)

I took it to a local well respected smaller transmission shop that has one of the better builders in my area.

They just called me with the diagnosis.

He said it's leaking from pretty much everywhere LOL....which I think is true because when I got under it, it was wet with fluid all over the place from front to back basically. The transmission is working great but just leaking really bad.

He said that he's not willing to just replace the seals without going through the whole thing since he warranty's all his work for 1 year and he doesn't want me coming back in 2 weeks or 2 months with another issue. He said because he doesn't know the history of the transmission and whether it was run low or overfull ect.....that he will only completely rebuilt it or replace it.

He said they will replace every single part with the best parts that he would put in his own vehicle as well as all new seals ect and brand new th400 torque converter (he said he likes to put the 400 converters inside the 350's) with a mild shift kit added and warranty everything for 1 year parts and labor for $995 + tax.

Is this an ok deal to rebuild the whole thing with new torque converter and to pull the transmission and put back in??

I know that they range from $650-$1200+ to buy rebuilt transmissions online but that doesn't include shipping or the labor to pull and replace.

Please let me know guys as I need to call him back so I can get my truck back on the road sooner rather than later
1972BlueC20 is offline   Reply With Quote