The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2014, 07:50 PM   #11
cmabolt

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
Interior is coming along nicely, and I really like the brushed look on the mirror. Its probably not the right term, but it looks kind of "antiqued" in the picture with the darker areas around the rivets and all. I'm anxious to see how your bumpers turn out with this treatment.
Thanks Rick!

Well ask and ye shall receive. The bumpers look nice. They aren't as brilliant and have a bit of tint from the clear, but I like it. Pictures don't do it justice because it's glossy, but it does have the brushed metal look.

I got all the holes taped up so I could spray the back of both bumpers with corroseal and convert the rust.

All the areas that are dark or purple are rust that has been converted.

Once corroseal was dry I applied a heavy coat of corothane prime to seal out the weather. I love this stuff. It's like liquid caramel. Now all I have to do is spray the bed liner on the rear bumper's step and install.

While waiting for the corothane to dry I decided to try something and apply a little peel and seal to my door panels. They felt really flimsy. Well, it worked great. The doors sound completely dead when closed.

Next bumpers get installed and I will get the master cylinder on and brakes bled.